Photo Courtesy of Ball Seed
Thymus 'Spicy Orange'
- Type: Perennial
- Soil: Light, well-drained.
- Useful Parts: Leaves.
- Growth Habit: Ground cover thyme with pink flowers and a spicy orange fragrance. Ornamental and edible!
- Harvest Method: Pick at any time before flowering.
- Handling: Dry branches and strip leaves, placing them in air tight containers. Store fresh thyme sprigs in foil in freezer.
- Uses: Boil fresh or dried to use in meats, vegetables, potatoes, cottage cheese and sauces; soothes coughs, good addition to baths; use as a mouthwash; soothes the stomach and improves digestion; cleansing effects for facial skin; strengthens scalp when used as a hair lotion.
Our products are available for retail purchase only. Please call for availability as stock levels fluctuate throughout the season. We are unable to ship plants or other products.
Hardiness Zone:4 - 9
Thymus 'Spicy Orange' Characteristics
- Ground Cover
- Sun Tolerant
- Morning Sun / Afternoon Shade